Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Indecisive Over a Headboard

When I moved into my house two years ago I knew I wanted an upholstered headboard - It had been something I'd been dreaming about for a while.

I ended up going with tufting in a dramatic, slightly luminous, black damask. However, after painting a deep teal feature wall and finding dark gray paisley bedding the black seemed to be a bit much. 

Now, not even a year into my place, I find myself wishing for something different. In the end, I can always pull it off the wall and re-upholster it in something fantastic but until then, I'll occupy myself with these fabulous ideas...

These carved wood headboards are incredibly intricate - I wonder how easy one would be to clean? (White headboard via Pinterest; Natural wood headboard via Pinterest)



I will always love this headboard - this entire room actually. I could just sit here and stare at it...

via Pinterest

This textured art is a great alternative to a traditional headboard and I bet it would be easy to DIY.
via Pinterest

This glam headboard isn't really my style - but I'm oddly drawn to the shiny gold frame, and of course the tufting does it for me every time. 

via Pinterest

Oh Betty - I have always admired this headboard. Although, as my bedroom wall is turquoise it may not be the best option right now...

via Pinterest

I have a few projects to keep me busy over the fall - but, after I cross a few off my To Do List, maybe headboard upholstery will find its way back on... 

Enjoy!
Calli

No comments:

Post a Comment