Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pucker Up - Lemon Cream Butter Cake

Lately I've had it bad for lemon. It's occupied my mind continuously and lemon water wasn't getting the job done. I needed something creamy, cakey, and delicious.

I just so happened to have a whole bag of lemons sitting in my fridge, waiting to be used, so I decided to try a new recipe - the lucky winner was this recipe for Lemony Cream Butter Cake from blackjack bake house.



The recipe is right here, so I won't re-post it but I highly suggest giving it a try. It's an easy to make, casual dessert, and although everything is cooked at once, it comes out as two layers; a soft lemony cake on the bottom and a creamy cheese cake-ish layer on top.

Worth noting - I used low-fat cream cheese and it was still delicious!

Needless to say, this curbed my craving. Also, my boyfriend loved it and he isn't a huge lemon fan.

Enjoy!
Calli

No comments:

Post a Comment