Monday, June 27, 2011

Patio Envy

The weather may not be perfect but school is out and it feels like summer even if I haven't been sunburned yet. I'm hoping that the delay in hot weather will translate to a warm, drawn out fall - and I'm ok putting off the aloe and peeling for a while yet (note - I DO wear sunscreen, promise!).

I know that the weather will eventually warm up and when it does I'll be ready to BBQ and sip cocktails on the patio. Here are some dream spaces that have created huge patio envy, unfortunately my own little cement pad doesn't measure up.

This cottage is so secluded - I could sit on that porch with my sweetie, reading something classic and romantic, in an airy, girlie dress...

Via Pinterest

I love patios with fireplaces for cool spring days or summer nights. We aren't allowed fire pits within city limits here but I'm thinking this could be a good compromise - no need to give up marshmallow roasts!

Better Homes and Gardens

Aren't succulents just wonderful? I really like how they fill in the gaps between the stepping stones AND they don't need much water!

Anniesannuals via Flikr

The sun coming through in this patio and wrought iron gate make me think of France or Spain - although I've never been (yet!). I'm sure just beyond the gate are fields of grapes ripening in the sunshine...

Mystic M

This outdoor setting is amazing for a small birthday dinner - or, swap in a small table, two chairs, and a whole lot of candles for some 'one on one' time...

Style Me Pretty

Although my space may be small and ultimately controlled by the strata group I think with a bit of work it could start to resemble one of these great spaces.

Enjoy!
Calli

No comments:

Post a Comment