Wednesday, August 10, 2011

How I Spent My Summer Vacation

I tend to get cranky when I don't feel productive so I decided to use my first official vacation to cross a few items off my to-do list. 

I started in the garage, packing up the tent I used two weeks ago (yes, I'm ashamed), sorting our cans and bottles for recycling, and taking out the garbage. I then moved inside and put away all the shoes that had migrated to our tiny entrance. 

My main job for the day was our spare room - where everything seems to go to die. It's too embarrassing to show you the before picture so here's one after a couple hours (like tidying up for the cleaning lady...)

I had a huge oak dresser that was taking up way too much space - once I shimmied it out of the way I had room for a side table, lamp, and chair (don't worry, I'll wait for a strong man before moving the dresser downstairs!).


My favorite thing about the room right now is a little wooden fruit crate under the purple side table. I filled it with tins that hold pencil crayons, paint brushes, and markers for a big punch of colour!

This room still needs a lot of TLC - paint, headboard, curtains, art... but at least it's cleaner and I've purged a ton of stuff!

After so much purging I got stuck so I moved along to my master bedroom. Between weekends camping I've been working a lot and neglecting my house - it looked like a clothes hoarder had moved into a corner in my bedroom...



It's shameful but would you believe how bad it was without the picture? After loads of laundry, making the bed, and vacuuming, I finally got some art hung! These pictures have been leaning against my walls for MONTHS so I'm so excited that they are up and out of the way!




To prove that I didn't just shove everything in my closet I left the mirrored doors open for the after pics... I hung my handmade butterfly art between the closets and two framed photographs above the bed. There is just something about art and plants that transform a room...

To finish things off I hung a clock in my master bathroom - a necessity while I get ready in the mornings! My friend Andrea gave me this kick-ass clock, for no other reason than she's sweet like that... I had a simple clock that was an option too but a quick comparison made the decision easy. 



Now I just need to find 12 black and white photos to fill the colourful frames of the clock...

Enjoy!
Calli

No comments:

Post a Comment