Friday, December 9, 2011

A Bit of Brilliance - All That Glitters...

If glitter was banned would the Holidays ever be the same again? 

No more rogue sparkles on your face after dressing the tree or unrelenting specks on the floor, furniture, and walls from unpacking the ornaments. 

Glitter may be the herpes of craft supplies (as Demetri Martin put so eloquently) but I still love it. There's something intoxicating about the stuff - until you spill a brand new bottle all over your workspace...

Simple plastic fruit gets a new life with a little glue and glitter. They have an even greater impact when stacked together.

via We Heart It

Amp up a monochromatic colour scheme with a little sparkle. These stars are jewelry for the simple cream stockings. 

via Better Homes & Gardens

These ornaments look too fantastic to be handmade - but they are! Lace is used as a stencil over a glass ornament and then sprayed with metallic paint.

via Folder of Ideas

Antique ornaments are my favorite! These fuchsia beauties are amazing - it looks like they are being hung from an antique chandelier.

via Pretty Stuff

I want this display in my house. The natural branches and simple silver blue ornaments are so modern and clean looking. Did I mention I really want this in my house?

via Pinterest

Only 2 weeks left to shop, create, bake, and decorate - I'm sure your to-do list is a mile long as well. 

Enjoy the weekend!
Calli

No comments:

Post a Comment