Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Holiday Inspiration - Love for the Gingers

I have a confession to make - I don't like gingerbread.

Oh common, does anyone really like eating gingerbread or is it more about decorating little houses and cookies cutout to vaguely resemble a person?

Just to be clear, I do like Gingy from Shrek - missing gumdrop buttons and all.

And just because I don't want to eat gingerbread doesn't mean I don't envy the talented people who create amazing gingerbread houses. If only I knew how to pipe icing...

via Pinterest
via BHG
via Luxist
via Good Food
Pssst... This last one is my favorite - almond sliver shingles on the roof, too cute!

Although I wish for the time, energy, and ability to make a drool-worthy gingerbread house I also feel like it is quite precise and requires some patience - not really my strength. I can foresee my attempt ending up in a crumpled heap as I utter some not-so-ladylike things and fling the icing bag across the kitchen in frustration...

Maybe I'll stick to admiring gingerbread on the internet.

Enjoy!
Calli

No comments:

Post a Comment