Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Holiday Inspiration - Pinecone Projects

I've been spending some time at the craft store lately and although DIY projects are fun, supplies sure can be expensive. 

That's why these projects have me so worked up. Not only are they lovely but they incorporate pinecones which can be collected for free!

This glittery tree centerpiece made from pinecones and sparkling stars is so festive! The metal bases, candles, tiny ornaments and red runner bump it up a notch or two.

via Good Housekeeping

I love these little handmade felt pinecones - the yellow mixed with neutral colours is fun and they would be a great option if there are little ones around...

via Homemade Simple

A teeny tiny elf made from an equally small pinecone. He makes an adorable gift tag but would look equally adorable on the tree.

via Etsy

This is a great project for kids - pinecone trees decorated with little pom-poms. The colours are great although you could also be choosy and use red and green only. 

via giverslog

This is my favorite idea, and not just for the holidays! A lovely painted pinecone garland is very modern and fresh. 

via julie ann art

I'm hoping to snap some photos of a few projects I've been working on - finding good light has been challenging lately. Until then, I've got tons of Holiday ideas to share. 

Enjoy!
Calli

No comments:

Post a Comment