Monday, February 6, 2012

So Bee-utiful!

I've started to notice the humble little bumblebee online more and more as of late. I'm a fan. 

Not to be confused with wasps, yellowjackets, or hornets, bumblebees are friendly, plant pollinating, honey producing, and now, ridiculously cool and cute!

Don't believe me? Check out these adorable bee-inspired finds!

via Etsy

I love the honeycomb detail in the pocket-watch styled pendant (above) as well as these great magnetic spice jars (below).

via Etsy

I've shared these little china cups before but can't resist bringing them back again. The robin's egg blue and bee detail are so cute!

via Etsy

This adorable case may be designed for carrying pencils and other miscellaneous school supplies but would double equally well as a makeup bag.

via Etsy

via Etsy

These silver necklaces are so pretty and feminine - I'd probably get more use out of the pendant (above), although I love, love, love the detail in the larger locket (below).

via Etsy

Wouldn't you just love to receive an adorable card like this for Valentine's Day? It's the one day of the year I'm willing to cast my sarcasm aside in support of silly puns.

via Etsy

Unfortunately bumblebees are struggling right now; it's a shame as they play such a significant role in our food supply. There are a lot of things you can do to help - plant a garden, limit pesticide use - and sporting a bee-themed necklace or pencil case like this could just help break the ice in spreading the word about bees!

Enjoy!
Calli

No comments:

Post a Comment