Thursday, April 5, 2012

Salty & Sweet Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies

Aren't treats that are both salty and sweet just the best? 

If I had to choose I'd probably be a salty snack girl - potato chips I cannot resist you! - but I do like the salty/sweet option, especially chocolate covered pretzels...

I've been trying to bake a bit more lately because 1) I love it and 2) my boyfriend can take the treats to work and keep them off my hips hehe. Last week I decided to try a new recipe for Pretzel Cookies with Chocolate & Peanut Butter Chips from Sugar Cooking.



The cookies were a bit tough to assemble - since I had so many chips and pretzels in there I had to work them with the dough to get everything to stick together - but very delicious. Next time, yes there will definitely be a next time, I will probably cut the amount of chips/pretzels by a third to make assembly easier.

Recipe Synopsis:
Taste: A wonderful concoction of sweet and salty, the pretzels add a little crunch to classic chocolate chip cookies. How could you go wrong?
Texture: I really love the crunchy/soft texture of these cookies, although a little more dough would make these easier to assemble and ensure the chips and pretzels stick to the cookie.
Wow Factor: These cookies have a bit more pizazz than their plain chocolate counterpart.
Difficulty: Besides assembly, these cookies are an easy way to spend the afternoon.
Serve With: A bit glass of milk - any time of year.

You can get the recipe here.

Enjoy!
Calli

No comments:

Post a Comment