Monday, May 21, 2012

AWOL

The other day a friend reminded me that I hadn’t posted since May 5th.

I apologize for the disappearing act – and for taking off without so little as a goodbye note. If it eases your mind I can assure you I was not trapped under anything heavy, I have not forgotten about you, and I definitely did not fall out of love with crafting/painting/baking...

The only way I can describe my absence is that I’ve been in a funk.

For the past two weeks I have had zero desire to take initiative, exert energy, or shower. Luckily, as I still have to go to work, I’ve forced myself to do that last one regularly. I bake but can’t be bothered to photograph anything, and when I open my computer I browse Pinterest in a zombie-like state instead of trying to write anything funny or insightful.

I’d like to have something to hold responsible for my complete lack of motivation but I’m too tired to try and place blame. No, wait, I can do this... Maybe I’m getting sick?

Even as I fumble through this post I’m feeling funk-ish; on a sunny long weekend, how disappointing.  Somehow  I’ve got to  change that “ish” to a “y” and get my groove back – a little suffix shuffle if you will.

I apologize for the abundance of musical themed puns in that last sentence – It was uncalled for and unnecessary but further proof that something is not right.

In an attempt to force myself into funk remission I’ve got plans to bake this week; it has never let me down before but if it doesn’t work at least there will be chocolate cake to down my sorrows. If you need me I’ll be in my kitchen – hopefully not trapped under anything heavy.

Have a great week!
Calli

No comments:

Post a Comment