Monday, July 16, 2012

Cake Stands Galore

Are cake stands the new owl craze? Or does that technically have to be replaced by another animal fixation? Cake stands are definitely gaining in popularity - store bought and DIY versions are popping up absolutely everywhere.


(via)

(via)

(via)

(via)

Although I bought my first cake stand last year (second hand, it was a great find!) my love for this little display piece started years earlier. After the passing of my great-grandfather and the necessary clearing out of his house, there were a few mementos and family heirlooms for my mom and her siblings to have, among these items was a gorgeous green cake stand - It was love at first sight. It wasn't completely useful or practical, and it didn't hold any special meaning for me, but it was beautiful. 

I pointed it out to my mom, nudging her to bring it home with us, but she didn't pay it much attention and in the end chose something else; I honestly couldn't tell you what that was. We left the little cake stand behind and I later saw that my Aunt had taken it home - I was glad someone thought it was as pretty as I did but insanely jealous that one of my cousins would get it someday. Every now and then I still give my mom a hard time about that cake stand but it isn't her fault, no one expects an elementary school aged kid to have such great taste.

The little green cake stand may have slipped through my fingers years ago but my collection had only just started. I guarantee the next pretty little stand I see will be coming home with me.

Enjoy!
Calli

No comments:

Post a Comment