Monday, August 13, 2012

London You're a Firework

Good morning and happy Monday! - I am especially chipper today as it marks my last official week of work, and the final countdown to a fabulous trip through Europe! I am in such good spirits, a humiliating bake-off defeat (at last night's cake baking throw down) can't even affect me right now - more on that when I feel up to talking about it (and have time to edit the pictures). 

I was also able to catch some of the closing ceremonies for the 2012 Olympic Games; London put on a fabulous show, with their "British musical tour" theme turning out to be a real gem of an idea. I loved watching all the performers, the Spice Girls took me back to elementary school for a minute or two, and I was completely wowed by the firework display.

Naturally, within hours of the ceremony there were pictures up online and as a want-to-be photographer, I consider fireworks photos the pinnacle, or Everest, of great photography. The images coming out of the closing ceremonies blew me away so I thought I'd share, for everyone to enjoy...

(via)

(via)

(via)

(via)

(via)

As in any competition, there were highs and lows at the 2012 Olympics, however it's going to be hard to beat London's fabulous concert style closing ceremonies.

Enjoy!
Calli

No comments:

Post a Comment