Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Match your pedicure to your interior

Last night, as I was brushing my teeth and checking out my bronze painted toenails a thought popped into my head (and it wasn't 'I need a pedicure' - at least not initially...)


What if OPI made paint for my walls instead of only for my toes?


If my love for OPI nail colour is any sort of indication - this make-believe OPI interior paint is something I could see myself getting behind...

World renowned for their witty and comical colour names - OPI interior paint would definitely have other brands beat in this area - none of this number and letter code crap that some interior paint brands use. 

In all fairness, there are a couple interior paint brands that have decent colour names however they all seem to focus on being descriptive instead of amusing...think 'Gem Turquoise' instead of  'Teal the Cows Come Home'.
 
I will admit that, unlike nail polish, I am less inclined to pick a wall colour based on name alone (with the intention of changing it in a week or two if it doesn't work out or starts to chip). But fun and funny names would make the process of choosing a colour so much more enjoyable and I would probably never forget what OPI colour I used in my guest bathroom (for the next time a friend asks).

Can't you picture these colours on your walls to match your toes?
If OPI decided to get into the world of interior colour they would probably be the Designer Label of paint brands - in demand, and of the moment colours worthy of their own Runway Show! The paint would be extremely durable, long lasting, low VOC, and most likely on the higher end of the price spectrum. 

OPI's interior pallet would be smaller - including only certain selective colours - and continuously changing and being updated. The hues would be vibrant, saturated, and feature wall perfect... immediately transforming a space into a room. 

I guess the only question to ask is - would the colours still look better when you have a tan?

Enjoy,
Calli

2 comments:

  1. I would totally buy a paint color by OPI! I can see it now: "I'm not really a waitress" red would be my feature wall in my living room. Great idea, Calli; keep these entries coming. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lovely - you are my first comment... Congratulations to both you and me!

    ReplyDelete