Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Moving Up

This week I'm a bit overwhelmed at work and under the weather in general. Add to that the Stanley Cup finals featuring my beloved Canucks and blogging isn't exactly at the top of my to do list.

In the short term posting has been replaced by sniffling and complaining - Games 3 and 4 left a lot to be desired eh? 

Today I have a glimpse at a new rental suit my friend Megan is looking at. Last week we went to check it out and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I thought trendy rental suits were only found in the big city, however, after our visit, I know that there is at least one in town...

Part of the suit is a converted garage (you can't even tell from the outside!) which allows for lots of windows. The exposed brick is actually wallpaper but it looks great (not cheap and fake) and the walls are a soft blue-gray.


Apparently the previous tenant knew her way around a sewing machine - those are her dress forms. I really wanted to take one home with me but we didn't think that this would be the best first impression.


After the brick, my attention immediately fell upon the lovely kitchen. Dark espresso cabinets, white subway tile back-splash, and an extra deep double sink (not so common in small spaces).


As if the style and kitchen weren't enough - the bathroom is also a major attraction. It's new, clean, and has in suite laundry! 

Unfortunately our favorite part of the space isn't a permanent fixture. We were both in love as soon as we spotted this AMAZING mirror! It's a deep purple colour and huge - it also belongs to the previous tenant. 


I will admit that it was the second item we considered stealing borrowing in the 30 minutes we were there - We asked if she'd leave it but apparently she isn't crazy...

Of course Megan loved the place - it's a step up (or four) from her current place so I think she's gonna go for it. It's always a good sign when you start picturing where your furniture would go - even before you've signed the papers. 

Now we just need to find an equally fantastic mirror...

Enjoy!
Calli

No comments:

Post a Comment