It's Spanish - aren't I fancy?
Ok, so I can't really speak, read, or understand Spanish (does dos cervezas pour favor count?) but, I can Google and that's how I found out that 'Ahora o nunca' means 'Now or never' in Espanol.
I'm not really the resolution type (not that there's anything wrong with it!) because I tend to lose the tiny piece of paper (I wrangled up at 11:45 on December 31) within about 48 hours after writing them down. However, I'm having a bit of a self-diagnosed quarter-life crisis (as I call it) and as a result, a bit of a Now or Never list has started compiling itself in my head.
Why would a killer, 20 something, successful HR protege be going through a quarter-life crisis you may ask? (I know I referred to myself as killer and successful - give a girl a break!) I guess I feel that I've always done the right thing (university, career, mortgage...) and now I want to do my thing - whatever that may be.
I should really pay for therapy if I want to go on about this and not subject any wonderful readers to it anymore. By the way, have I told you lately that I love you? *
*not-so-subtle Rod Stewart reference!
Anyways, I wanted to start a blog for the longest time and finally bit the bullet and did it and am having so much fun! I guess it has made me wonder what else I can/want to do! So here it is, my Now or Never List (with pictures!)
1. Ride in a hot air balloon
2. Hike the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
3. See a lion, hippo, and elephant while on safari in Africa
4. Ice skate at Rockefeller Center in New York
5. Pretend to be Indiana Jones at Petra in Jordan
6. Watch the sun rise at Angkor Wat in Cambodia
7. Live in another country
8. Run a half marathon (baby steps!)
9. Watch the Vancouver Canucks win the Stanley Cup
10. Start my own business
11. Ride the Trans-Siberian train through Russia
12. Visit Falling Water in Pennsylvania (Love that Frank Lloyd Wright!)
13. Own my very own Eames Shell Chair (with an Eiffel base)
14. Visit Red Square in Moscow (preferably in the winter)
15. Sleep outside, under the stars
16. Eat ice cream for breakfast
17. Have the guts to rock a killer short hairstyle
18. Splurge on a pair of designer shoes (Christian Louboutin anyone?)
19. Tour Quebec in the fall
Photograph a 'client' August 28, 2011
21. Get a tattoo (a small one!)
22. Touch a giraffe
23. Become scuba certified (then dive!)
24. Try to learn to sail (somewhere with turquoise water?)
Get a massage March 10, 2012
Spend lots of time in Greece August/September 2012
27. Learn to be more laid back
28. Reach 10,000 pins (I'm 1/20 there!)
29. Kiss under the Eiffel Tower (cheesy, I know)
30. Stay in a thatched cabin over the water
31. Have a locally sourced outdoor dinner (Outstanding in the Field!)
32. Go to the Coachella Music Festival
33. Be those people - pose at Abbey Road
34. Get all Darwinian at the Galapagos Islands
35. See a moose in the wild (never have and I live in BC!)
36. Touch all 7 continents
37. Swim at the edge of Victoria Falls in Zambia
38. Visit the Grand Canyon
39. See the Northern Lights
40. Earn my own Wikipedia page
41. Be irresponsible - for a year! In progress, 2012 baby!
42. Retire before I'm 60
43. Take a Thai cooking class - in Thailand
Win a Halloween costume contest Most Original, Halloween 2011 (here.)
45. Rescue a dog from the pound
46. Catch a live taping of Saturday Night Live
47. See a Komodo Dragon in Indonesia
48. Submit a DIY project to a major design website
49. Kayak among the icebergs
50. Discover what I'm meant to do
So there it is. I am sure I will have more to add before the first item is even checked off. I don't really see this list as ever being done or achieved, more like a long game of truth or dare that never really ends...
Anything you think I definitely need to add in there?