Thursday, August 4, 2011

Avocado, You Temptress

You know you'll have to become fast friends with exercise when avocado is your favorite vegetable...

I'll admit it's a challenge - one of many, along with bacon (favorite meat), pie (favorite carb), and sour cream (favorite dairy). To be honest, add pizza, cinnamon buns, potato chips, fajitas, and curry to that list. I could really go on forever...

Anyway, I'm off next week - yes, an ENTIRE week off work - it has been far, far too long and I am SO excited (can you tell by my use of all caps?). Trouble is, I get too excited, dream up lists of things to do and then, before I know it, time's up and it's back to the office...

I really want to get my bake on next week (to clarify: muffin, cupcake, and scone type baking) but after seeing these recipes featuring one of my many loves, the avocado, I might have to make real food too...

Avocado Mango Shrimp Salad
Oh shrimp I love you... and you too mango... and of course avocado. Sprinkle on a little green onion (fav onion FYI) and I could eat the entire thing, no need to serve it in smaller (lady like) bowls.

Avocado, mango, and shrimp salad

Grilled Corn Avocado and Tomato Salad
Grilled corn is so summery - and we just so happen to have a farm, on the way to my family cabin, that sells only fresh corn! I may just need to stop by...

grilled corn, avocado, and tomato salad

Avocado Eggs Benedict
Eggs benedict, good - Eggs benefict with avocado, even better! With breakfast being the most important meal of the day, I really have to make this for life long health...

avocado eggs benedict

Avocado Tomato Melts
I really love tomato and with avocado and cheese these look amazing! New rule, If you don't use a second piece of bread in your sandwich you can add extra cheese... 

avocado tomato melts

Guacamole Bruchetta
I need to have a party just as an excuse to make these. Or, I could make them and eat them myself but that might get a bit depressing... Guacamole, you're the man!
 
guacamole bruschetta
 
Enjoy!
Calli

1 comment:

  1. We should try some of these recipies next week at the lake - I am especially interested in the shrimp/mango and the bruschetta but any or all would be great.

    ReplyDelete