Friday, September 16, 2011

A Bit of Brilliance - Terrific Textiles

"Nice thick material" my grandpa always used to say - after a playful pinch in the stomach, arm, or leg. 

He tended to overuse his jokes (or maybe I was just too cool) so it grew old, fast. But, sometimes I find myself drawn to the feel of a fabric when shopping and I experience a little flash back - and a private chuckle.

Does it seem like sometimes you can't help but run a hand over a stack of shirts or row of scarfs? That's exactly how these images make me feel...

These yarn wrapped candle holders are all kinds of cozy. I really love the seaside/nautical colour palate but see it working just as well with rich browns, varying purples, or something with some sparkle for the holidays.

via Pinterest

My Nana was queen of Mod Podge and would have gone nuts for this project. I love how well the delicate lace works with the soft hues in the ceramic pots. 

via Pinterest

These ballet flats are delicate and girly and truly beautiful. Although perfect for a fancy party, I'd pair them with dark denim for some a girl-next door appeal...

via Pinterest

I imagine this wool sweater is terribly itchy - but the adorable heart patches are soft and fleece-like. I covet anything a bit old-school and this sweater has the feel of a high school football game.

via Pinterest

These braided headbands are genius! I have a ton of fabric scraps, glue gun, and can pick up cheap plastic headbands from the dollar store. My own laziness is the only reason I haven't started mass producing them!

via Pinterest

Enjoy!
Calli

No comments:

Post a Comment