Monday, October 31, 2011

Haunted Halloween - At My House

This weekend was a busy one - as I tried to squeeze in a few Halloween crafts in preparation for today!

Luckily I was able to take Friday off and put some time into a last minute costume to wear to work. I'd had a few ideas but nothing stuck until, at hour zero, inspiration came via Coolest Homemade Costumes.com (great resource!). A few hours and lots of construction paper later my costume was complete - it's a duo costume (with my colleague Paula) so I don't have a picture yet but in the meantime a clue...  

Tiny, Tangy, Crunchy Candy.

With my costume complete I moved on to carving pumpkins. Saturday night (in lieu of a party) my boyfriend and I carved up a couple pumpkins. I opted for a mustached jack o'lantern in support of Movember and my boyfriend chose to re-create the Green Lantern symbol (against my constant protesting).



I'm really hoping that these pumpkins will bring us some trick-or-treaters this year - last year we didn't get any!

Finally, on Sunday I was able to whip up some Halloween themed cupcakes to take into work. Chocolate with orange icing and little candied pumpkins and worms - they turned out so well!





I love Halloween and I'm really excited to celebrate today but I will admit that Christmas ideas on Pinterest have already caught my eye...

Enjoy!
Calli

No comments:

Post a Comment