Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Swing Life Away

I was in Elementary school when Jeff Foxworthy came out with his series of "You Might be a Redneck" jokes. My Dad had the CD and it quickly became gospel in our house. I'd like to say we've moved onto more mature humour but lying isn't a good colour on me.

Years later, there is one joke that haunts me. According to Mr. Foxworthy, I am in fact a redneck. What's this silly joke you make ask?

"If your outdoor furniture doubles as your indoor furniture, you might be a Redneck."

Do you want to know the worst part? I've broken this rule twice. Yes, I have two chairs in my home that were designed for the outdoors. The first, a classic Solair chair that I'd keep even if I was banished to a cupboard under the stairs, and the second, a bamboo swing chair that, like a house pet, isn't acclimated to the outdoors.

I'm going to blame my chair addiction for this whole thing, it's a medical condition I swear. It doesn't help that I keep seeing images online reaffirming that what I've done is right. If everyone else is doing it...

via Pinterest

See what I mean? Cool chair, cool decor, inside, therefore it's ok, right? I must admit that the swing chairs are equally nice outdoors. If I had a porch, and somewhere to hang it, and could use it for more than 6 months out of the year, I promise I would hang the chair outside.

via pretty.little.world

via Pinterest

For now, it hangs nicely in my kitchen area on a little metal stand and I can swing while my boyfriend makes dinner which is really quite lovely.


It's also quite the conversation starter...

Enjoy!
Calli

No comments:

Post a Comment