Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Etsy Picks 01.31.2012

Etsy is one of my favorite ways to waste time. It can be a little overwhelming at first, there is a ton of stuff for sale out there, but once you find the search method that works for you* it's easy to lose track of time.

My friend Jen (remember Jen?) recently found her way to Etsy and has quickly risen to iconic shopper status - if only such thing existed - I swear she knows all the best Etsy shops.

In fact, it was Jen that turned me onto Vintage Dutch Girl - have you heard of her? If not, you really must visit her shop, she makes the loveliest infinity scarves out of fabulous printed cotton. The fabric holds its shape like a dream, it sits and stays exactly where you tell it to.




After spotting Jen in one of these exquisite scarfs a couple months back- and telling her flat out how wonderful it was, she tipped me off** that there was a houndstooth version currently for sale. I immediately started stalking it online and, one night plainly asked  by boyfriend "Are you going to buy this for me for Christmas or should I just get it right now?".

I'll admit I set him up, know he knew how badly I wanted the scarf and there really wasn't anything he could do but get it for me. I continued to stalk the little beauty until one day it wasn't there anymore, and a little piece of my heart broke thinking that perhaps someone else had acted faster than him. 

Then, a couple days before Christmas, I met a friend for drinks and guess what she had wrapped around her neck? I tried to keep my cool as my voice went up an octave or two... "is that my Vintage Dutch Girl houndstooth scarf that you knew I wanted so bad and are flaunting in-front of my face!?!!"

Well surprise, surprise, I'm a fool. Because, on Christmas morning I opened up a box containing my very own amazing Vintage Dutch Girl houndstooth scarf! I guess she had two in stock or something, it's not important. The only thing that matters is I look fabulous in it, and it's soft and lovely, and currently smells really good due to some perfume I sampled at Anthropologie on the weekend...

The problem is, like all good things, one is really never enough. 

Enjoy!
Calli


*I like to use the Treasury, where people make their own little wish lists, as a starting point.
**Aren't friends who know your favorite patterns and enable your addictions just the best?

No comments:

Post a Comment