Friday, February 24, 2012

A Bit of Brilliance - Wonderful Wedges

I'm not 100% sure what happened, but I woke up earlier this week with a serious addiction to wedge heels. Camel-brown wedges to be exact - and it's more of a complete fixation, they are all I can think about anymore.

I'm not sure if it's the fact that they are easier to walk in - for me that means I'll actually get to use them! - but I am definitely adding a pair to the top of my want list. 

Luckily there seems to be a lot of choice out there - which means I can feed my fixation. The problem is that my self-control has been severely lacking lately and before I know it I may end up with a new pair for every day of the week...

Is that a problem? Jury is still out. 

These first two styles are from Anthropologie - which means that they are simultaneously gorgeous and out of my price range. I love the sling-back and warm brown colour.


Mustard yellow and brown leather - you have captured my heart! And honestly, who can't get into a retro pair of t-strap wedges?

via imgfave

So they are more gray than brown, but I'm going to let that slide and focus on  the soft leather, textured heel, and t-strap style. 

via glit

My favorite way to ware these right now are with summery dresses - too bad it's not yet March. They make your legs look a mile long but also fit in seamlessly with sandals, warm weather, and the beach. Common spring, hurry up already!

Summer (via 7 for all mankind)
Winter (via lookbook)

But the creme de la creme? Oxford wedges... oh man my heart just skipped a beat! I love them paired with a belted flowing skirt in a punchy print.


via Drops of Jupiter

via Running on Happiness

So what do you think? Wedges this summer or not? 

Enjoy!
Calli

1 comment: