Monday, February 13, 2012

My Weekend and Guest Bedroom Update

I had myself a busy little weekend - life in general has been pretty hectic lately so I apologize if I've seemed a little distant. 

Saturday morning I met my friend Jen for a coffee/paint chip date. She's re-painting her bedroom and looking for something calming. We decided on a lovely green-blue-grey tone called Night Rain - I'm so excited to see how it all comes together!

Since I was at the paint store anyway, I decided to sneak a peak at some hues for my guest bedroom. That poor room has been neglected since day one and I'd really like to utilize it better starting this spring. 

I'm thinking mauve walls with crisp white trim. It's a bit of a risk but I can't shake the idea of something insanely feminine. I'm also toying with the idea of a herringbone feature wall done in a high gloss finish - same colour, tone on tone, with just a hint of shimmer. Sprinkle in fresh white sheets, soft linen drapes, and some metallic touches and voila! Sounds easy right?

Here's something for all you visual learners...



I'll try to keep you up to date on Jen's place, my place, and any other place I know of. I'm hoping that the painting of my room can start at the end of the month.

Enjoy!
Calli

No comments:

Post a Comment