Monday, March 28, 2011

Ladder Found!

Remember when, only a few short weeks ago, I posed here about wanting a beat up old ladder for my master bathroom?

I'm not used to finding what I am looking for so easily (I'm the person at the mall finding tons of tops when I really need jeans...) So I was shocked this weekend when I found a ladder at my grandparent's house that was destined for the dump - and exactly what I wanted. 

Talk about 'meant to be' - what are the chances that I would be there on this particular day and my grandma would happen to mention that she had a load for the dump that included a ladder? 

Although I only had my little Honda with me I was able to fit the ladder in and get it home (There would have been more room if I'd only taken out that little thrift store find (post to come) a week ago when I bought it...)


The ladder had been sitting outside for a long time - as evident by the dirt and cobwebs all over it. But, after I gave it a good cleaning with a damp rag and let it dry she was good to go. Ignore the wall colour and horrible yellow lighting in the photos below... what generic spec home colours!

*The ladder is really more weathered gray with blue paint splatters and silver hardware.




More pictures to come once I've got this room painted and pulled together!

Enjoy!
Calli

No comments:

Post a Comment