Thursday, January 19, 2012

Favorite Rooms of 2011

One of the perks of spending copious amounts of time online drooling over rooms that will never be mine is that I get to bring them over here and share!

As I tried to find my footing as a new blogger this year, the gorgeous rooms I was able to showcase acted as a great distraction. In case you missed one or two of them, here's a little re-cap I've compiled - consider it a belated Christmas present!

This first room was the cherry-on-top of a post on Glorious Bathrooms back in May. It's my favorite bathroom of 2011 by far with rough cement walls, a large window, teal mosaic wall, and lush plants.







This amazing loft was part of a Bit of Brilliance post in July featuring my favorite colour, gray. Normally, modern lofts like this would utilize glass panel railings to keep everything fresh but I think that this soft gray option is just as nice, if not better!


My favorite bedroom of the year, from a post in July about Pops of Colour, is a bit of a surprise, even to me. It was  Instead of sleek, retro, and a bit minimalist, my normal go-to style, this rustic room is modernized with pops of colour in the linens and floor mats. The large windows are an amazing focal point and negate any need for a headboard.



I became so obsessed with this room after initially posting it in August that I re-used it in a post on the beloved Tulip table in September. The wide plank wooden floors, white-washed ceiling beams, and Beatles-esque print above the fireplace all meld together for a soft, modern room that's right up my alley!



This is one of my all time favorite rooms - like, ever. Therefore, it's no surprise I would share it in a post on the Tulip table in September. I love, love, love the deep blue of the painted chairs and the mix of deep wood on the floors, sparkle from the chandelier and mirror, and overall crisp white everywhere.



I was unable to find anything wrong with the lovely living room and therefore featured it in a Perfection Found post in September. Back then I described the room as calm, tranquil, and serene which is exactly what it is.


So there you have it - my favorite rooms featured here in 2011. Honestly, I could have added a dozen more. What do you think, any that I missed?

Enjoy!
Calli

No comments:

Post a Comment